The Institute of Buddhist Dialectics (IBD) supports 150 monk students only through sponsorships and donations.
Ways to Support the Institute
Sponsor an Individual Student
If you would like to sponsor the educational expenses of an individual student, we will be very glad to send you the case history of each student along with guidelines. The sponsor and the sponsored student can correspond personally. When you sponsor a student, you are supporting his or her education, accommodation, food, medical treatment, and pocket money.
Donate for the Following Purposes
- For keeping student housing, class rooms, and staff quarters structurally safe and habitable.
- For modest salaries for the teacher and staff .
- For improving the food quality and health of students.
- For medical supplies and health care for students and staff.
- For purchasing text books and books for library.
- For giving special care to poor students.
- For supporting elderly retired staff.
- For holding special prayers for world peace.
- For drinking water facilities.
- For computers used to train students in basic computing skills.
- For meeting the modest administration expenses.
- For keeping clean environment.
- For plantation of trees and flowers for beautification of the Institute and to improve environment.
- For educational travels by students.
- For inviting scholars and masters for giving lectures to students.
- For providing printers, computers, etc for office use.
- For publishing books.
- For setting up Dharma centers or learning centers or meditation centers in India and abroad for the benefit of local regional and local people.
Donations in kind are welcome.
How to Send Donations
Donations can be sent by personal check, bank draft, or cashier’s check.
Please make all checks payable to “The Institute of Buddhist Dialectics” and mail to:
Institute of Buddhist Dialectics
McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala
Distt. Kangra, H.P. – 176219
Your support will be gratefully acknowledged. Please contact us here if you would like to donate, and we will provide Kindly mention whether your donation is for general purposes or for a specific purpose.
Status as a Charitable Society
The Institute is registered as the Institute of Buddhist Dialectics. It is a charitable society named The Institute of Buddhist Dialectics under Indian law. Moreover, it has proper permission from the Indian government to receive foreign contributions for cultural, religious, educational and economic purposes.
Your help will make a great difference and contribute to the survival of the rich and unique Tibetan culture, language, religion and traditions. The nonviolent, peaceful and compassionate essence of Tibetan culture is a profound contribution towards world peace.